Definition of Faubourgs
1. Noun. (plural of faubourg) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Faubourgs
1. faubourg [n] - See also: faubourg
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Faubourgs Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Faubourgs
Literary usage of Faubourgs
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Diary and Letters of Gouverneur Morris: Minister of the United States to by Gouverneur Morris (1888)
"The deputation from the faubourgs fill the Chateau and insult the queen. Morris goes to Court. The king receives a part of the militia. ..."
2. The History of the Restoration of Monarchy in France by Alphonse de Lamartine (1872)
"... of the Temps—Collisions—First discharges of musketry round ths Palais-Royal—Rising of the faubourgs—Indecision of the parliamentary opposition—Military ..."
3. History of the Reign of Henry IV., King of France and Navarre: From Numerous by Martha Walker Freer (1860)
"The dukes de Mayenne and de Nemours enter Paris.—Their rapturous reception by the people.—Henry withdraws his army from the faubourgs of Paris. ..."
4. The Story of Cairo by Stanley Lane-Poole (1906)
"CHAPTER III The faubourgs DY the Arab conquest in 640 Egypt became a province of the caliphate, and was ruled, like the other provinces, by governors ..."
5. The Court and Reign of Francis the First, King of France by Pardoe (Julia) (1887)
"... and compelled to retire to Milan—The Duc de Bourbon destroys the faubourgs of the city, and disbands the Swiss troops—The emperor threatens to raze the ..."
6. A History of My Time: Memoirs of Chancellor Pasquier by Etienne-Denis Pasquier, Edme Armand Gaston Audiffret-Pasquier (1894)
"... rendered secure — The Council of State resumes its functions—Special agents of the general police suppressed — Severe destitution in the faubourgs — M. ..."
7. The Uprising of June 20, 1792 by Laura Belle Pfeiffer (1913)
"... almost at the time, for a contemporary newspaper: " The faubourgs assembled upon the site of the Bastille, set out in good order about ten o'clock, ..."
8. History of Europe: From the Commencement of the French Revolution to the by Archibald Alison (1849)
"When the immense forest of pikes began to , debouch from the side of the faubourgs, the cannoneers 2"- 302- stood with lighted matches to their pieces ..."