Definition of Federal office
1. Noun. A department of the federal government of the United States.
Generic synonyms: Government Department
Specialized synonyms: Executive Department
Geographical relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Federal Office Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Federal Office Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Federal Office
Literary usage of Federal office
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nuclear Legislation: Analytical Study : Regulatory and Institutional by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2000)
"The federal office of Public Health grants the necessary licence for the restricted ... The federal office may require that equipment used for diagnosis be ..."
2. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"If a Representative or Senator accepts a federal office, that act vacates his seat in Congress. But if the holder of a federal office is elected to ..."
3. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1902)
"If a man persists In clinging to a federal office, our courts can and will ... He may, if he will, surrender the federal office and retain that created by ..."
4. A Compilation of the Messages and Papers of the Presidents, 1789-1897 by United States President (1897)
"The head of the Department under whom the federal office is held will in all cases be the sole judge whether or not the employment does thus interfere. ..."