¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fermentor
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Fermentor
1. A device used to grow large amounts of bacteria in liquid culture. The device generally can hold more than 10 litres of liquid growth medium, has a heater to provide constant temperature, and has an agitator for aeration. (09 Oct 1997)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fermentor
Literary usage of Fermentor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Threat of Bioterrorism and the Spread of Infectious Diseases: Hearing Before edited by Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (2001)
"... establishing relationships with industry in this country and overseas, so that you learn whenever someone orders a fermentor of a particular type or ..."
2. The Pioneers of New France in New England, with Contemporary Letters and by James Phinney Baxter (1894)
"... Love and Friendship Agreeable to the Doctrines of the Christian Religion he had been a constant and Notorious fermentor & Incendiary to the Indians to ..."
3. Biotechnology: Building on Farmers' Knowledge by Joske F. G. Bunders, Bertus Haverkort, Wim Hiemstra (1996)
"This takes place in a fermentor or bio- reactor, which may vary from a simple hole in the ground to a highly sophisticated, ..."
4. The Application of Biotechnology to Industrial Sustainability by OECD Staff, Oecd, European Commission (2001)
"... up in flasks to seed fermentor scale (I 500 ml) and then to full fermentor scale (I 50 000- 180 000 litres), a process which takes 12-14 days. ..."
5. Biotechnology for Water Use and Conservation: The Mexico '96 Workshop by OECD Staff, Zapata, Francisco Bolívar (1997)
"... and the "Indian" type, with a steel cupola floating on the fermentor chamber (exit gas pressure constant). In the pilot project described here, ..."