Definition of Fibre-optic
1. Adjective. Of or relating to fiber optics.
Partainyms: Fiber Optics, Fiberoptics, Fibre Optics, Fibreoptics
Derivative terms: Fiber Optics, Fiberoptics, Fiber Optics, Fibreoptics
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fibre-optic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fibre-optic
Literary usage of Fibre-optic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Divided by Information?: The Digital Divide and the Use of the New Meritocracy by Perri 6, Ben Jupp (2001)
"It is profitable to offer fibre-optic connections only to the wealthiest ... To some extent, the high costs of fibre-optic capacity can be avoided by ..."
2. Creating Knowledge Networksby Glenda Kruss by Glenda Kruss (2007)
"Figure 3.1 The fibre-optic cables research network Enterprise partners Aberdare Fibre Optic Cables (SA) :* Research partners University of Port Elizabeth's ..."
3. The Cell Phone: An Anthropology of Communicationby Heather A. Horst, Daniel Miller by Heather A. Horst, Daniel Miller (2006)
"The fibre-optic cables have two outlets, and C&W also operate a fibre ring around the island, which is enhanced by a digital microwave network. ..."
4. A New Economy?: The Changing Role of Innovation and Information Technology ...by Organization For Economic Cooperat OECD by Organization For Economic Cooperat OECD (2000)
"For example, US inter-exchange carriers increased the amount of fibre optic cable, as measured by fibre miles, by 2I% in I998. The opening of local access ..."
5. Universal Service and Rate Restructuring in Telecommunications by OECD Staff (1991)
"The Swiss Telecommunications Administration has been installing digital switching equipment and fibre optic cable to support new digital services. ..."
6. Regulatory Reform in Hungary by Oecd (2000)
"Novacom has completed several basic fibre optic networks in Budapest, each containing 120/144- fibre optic lines with a capacity of 2.5 Gbit/s. ..."
7. Emerging World Cities in Pacific Asia by Fu-chen Lo, Yue-man Yeung (1996)
"Long-distance communications systems increasingly use fibre optic wires. ... The growing use of fibre optic systems thus tends to strengthen the major ..."
8. Information and Communication Technologies for Development in Africa by Ramata Molo Thioune (2003)
"Twenty-two of the thirty departments are connected to the central network by fibre optic cables. SONATEL has laid 2000 km of fibre optic cables across the ..."