Definition of Final payment
1. Noun. The final payment of a debt.
Final Payment Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Final Payment Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Final Payment
Literary usage of Final payment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Engineering and Architectural Jurisprudence: A Presentation of the Law of by John Cassan Wait (1898)
"Provision that final payment shall Operate as a Release of AH Claims Against the Owner. Clause: "And the said contractor hereby further agrees that the ..."
2. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"final payment. A "final payment" is a last payment Where a contract provided that a person might retain out of the money payable to the contractor 25 cents ..."
3. The Elements of Specification Writing: A Text-book for Students in Civil by Richard Shelton Kirby (1921)
"Conditions of final payment. (a) When the work is finished and the Engineer, after a thorough inspection, is satisfied that it is complete and in accordance ..."
4. A Treatise on the Law and Procedure of Receivers: With Forms; Being a by Henry Gabriel Tardy, John Wilson Smith (1920)
"... the primary court will relegate to that court the final payment.3 If one bondholder with the consent of the other bondholders pays off the receiver's ..."
5. Army and Navy Pension Laws, and Bounty Land Laws of the United States by Ferdinand Moulton (1852)
"... obligee before the transfer of the scrip upon the books in the office of the register of the treasury, or the presentation thereof for final payment. ..."
6. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1912)
"final payment Is to be made when the work la completed and accepted by the architects and owners. If at any time there shall be evidence of any Hen or claim ..."