Definition of Final result
1. Noun. Something that results. "He listened for the results on the radio"
Generic synonyms: Conclusion, Ending, Finish
Specialized synonyms: Denouement, Deal, Decision, Decision, Aftermath, Consequence, Just Deserts, Poetic Justice, Separation, Sequel, Subsequence, Worst
Derivative terms: Result, Result, Resultant
Final Result Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Final Result Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Final Result
Literary usage of Final result
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Twenty Years of Congress: From Lincoln to Garfield ; with a Review of the by James Gillespie Blaine (1884)
"final result.— GENERAL GRANT'S ELECTION. rI iHE stirring events which preceded the Presidential campaign _1_ of 1868 brought both parties to that contest ..."
2. Studies of a Biographer by Sir Leslie Stephen (1902)
"... of a criticism once supposed to be destructive without admitting the destructiveness. The final result remains to be seen, and I will only suggest that ..."
3. The Rebellion Record: A Diary of American Events, with Documents, Narratives by Frank Moore, Edward Everett (1863)
"... or Wright This I did, and the inclosed papers will explain the final result of the unfortunate afluir. Thus hoping that in all this you will not condemn ..."
4. Darwin and After Darwin: An Exposition of the Darwinian Theory and a by George John Romanes, Conwy Lloyd Morgan (1892)
"... the final result of this (diaster); m to q, singes in the division of the whole cell into two, showing increasing contortion of the filaments, ..."
5. The Works of President Edwards by Jonathan Edwards (1844)
"... from any evil disposition or aim ; for Щ the supposition, what is aimed at is good, and good is the actual issue, in the final result of things. ..."