Definition of Financial support
1. Noun. Financial resources provided to make some project possible. "The foundation provided support for the experiment"
Generic synonyms: Resource
Derivative terms: Back, Fund, Support
Medical Definition of Financial support
1. The provision of monetary resources including money or capital and credit; obtaining or furnishing money or capital for a purchase or enterprise and the funds so obtained. (12 Dec 1998)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Financial Support
Literary usage of Financial support
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings [of The] Annual Meeting by Conference of Charities and Correction (U.S.), National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, National Conference of Social Work (U.S.) (1898)
"No protracted campaign can be carried on without adequate financial support. A grand social warfare against pauperism is what is embodied in the charity ..."
2. OECD Economic Surveys: Hungary by OECD Staff (2005)
"Firm contribution rates to the Innovation Fund: percentages of firm turnover 2004 2005 Type of financial support Table 5.2. The major items of financial ..."
3. The Settlement Idea: A Vision of Social Justice by Arthur Cort Holden (1922)
"Where struggle is necessary we may count on scant financial support from industry. ... We are therefore thrown for our financial support upon philanthropy. ..."
4. Railroad Promotion and Capitalization in the United States by Frederick Albert Cleveland, Fred Wilbur Powell (1909)
"CHAPTER XI METHODS OF APPEAL FOR financial support WHETHER surveys had been made and charters had been obtained or not, in most cases the first indication ..."
5. The Education of the South African Native by Charles Templeman Loram (1917)
"The Basis of Government financial support It seems desirable that certain fundamental principles of Government financial assistance should be formulated ..."