Definition of Flexible sigmoidoscope
1. Noun. An endoscope (a flexible fiberoptic probe) for examining the sigmoid colon.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flexible Sigmoidoscope
Literary usage of Flexible sigmoidoscope
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"The 35 cm flexible sigmoidoscope, however, can visualize about 50-75% of the sigmoid colon. Longer 60 cm and 65 cm instruments can reach the proximal end of ..."
2. Guidelines for the Evaluation of Virtual Terminal Implementations by Carol A. Edgar (1993)
"Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Colorectal cancer screening with the 60 cm flexible sigmoidoscope allows the examiner to directly visualize the bowel and provides an ..."
3. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"The 35-cm flexible sigmoidoscope, however, can visualize about 50-75% of the sigmoid colon and can detect about 50-55% of polyps. ..."
4. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"The 35-cm flexible sigmoidoscope can reach 45% to 50% of cancers, and the 60-cm flexible sigmoidoscope can reach 50% to 60%. ..."