Definition of Flexible sigmoidoscopy
1. Noun. Visual examination (with a sigmoidoscope) of the lower third of the colon in a search for polyps.
Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Literary usage of Flexible sigmoidoscopy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Guidelines for the Evaluation of Virtual Terminal Implementations by Carol A. Edgar (1993)
"flexible sigmoidoscopy Colorectal cancer screening with the 60 cm flexible sigmoidoscope allows the examiner to directly visualize the bowel and provides an ..."
2. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"Sensitivity of fecal Hemoccult testing and flexible sigmoidoscopy for colorectal cancer screening. J Occup Med 1986; 28:709-13. 15. Brandeau ML, Eddy DM. ..."
3. Assessment of the Scientific Information for the Radiation Exposure by National Research Council (U. S.) (2005)
"Screening with sigmoidoscopy: There is evidence from case control studies, to recommend that flexible sigmoidoscopy be included in the periodic health ..."
4. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Patient response to sigmoidoscopy: a randomized, controlled trial of rigid and flexible sigmoidoscopy. Cancer 1987:60:1905-1908. ..."
5. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Women with previous gynecologic or breast cancer should have flexible sigmoidoscopy every 3 to 5 years after diagnosis. Patients with left-sided ulcerative ..."
6. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"60 Rodney, WM; Beaber, RJ; Johnson, R.; and Quan, M. Physician compliance with colorectal cancer screening (1978-1983): The impact of flexible sigmoidoscopy ..."