2. Noun. (plural of flop) ¹
3. Verb. (third-person singular of flop) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Flops
1. flop [v] - See also: flop
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flops Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flops
Literary usage of Flops
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The universal etymological English dictionaryby Nathan Bailey by Nathan Bailey (1731)
"... by flops from top to bottom, under a corridor, carrying it ai far as the bottom of at, .... flops ..."
2. The Monthly Magazine by Richard Phillips (1796)
"... there is a fort of barrier, which flops the carriage at this place, and gives notice to the ... flops ..."
3. The Philosophical Transactions ... Abridged by Royal Society (Great Britain), John Lowthorp, Henry Jones, Andrew Reid, John Gray, John Eames, John Martyn (1722)
"... is fo fuzzy and quick-growing a Vegetable, that it mightily flops the Springs ; and contributes to thicken the Scurf, ..."
4. Nottinghamia Vetus Et Nova by Charles Deering, Rupert Cecil Chicken (1751)
"... comes out even wirb the lower edge of the bar- Tim flops the heads of the jacks from carrying the finkers higher than the level of the lead tinkers. ..."