Definition of Floral leaf
1. Noun. A modified leaf that is part of a flower.
Specialized synonyms: Flower Petal, Petal, Sepal
Generic synonyms: Foliage, Leaf, Leafage
Floral Leaf Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Floral Leaf Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Floral Leaf
Literary usage of Floral leaf
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Flora australiensis: a description of the plants of the Australian territory. by George Bentham, Ferdinand von Mueller (1878)
"Flowers unisexual, the males and females in alternate rows on the floral leaf. Perianth none. Male flowers of a single sessile oblong membranous rhachis of ..."
2. A Systematic Arrangement of British Plants: With an Easy Introduction to the by William Withering (1801)
"Stems several together, 1 to 2 feet high, slender, weak, 3-cornered, leafy below, above the lowermost floral-leaf rough, below smooth. ..."
3. An Arrangement of British Plants: According to the Latest Improvement of the by William Withering (1830)
"Floral-leaf usually longer than the spike, not always present, and in its place broad oval spear-shaped scales, of a deeper brown than those of C. ovalis. ..."
4. The American Botanist and Florist: Including Lessons in the Structure, Life by Alphonso Wood (1875)
"S Flowers irregular, clustered in a spathe-Hke, cordato, floral leaf ... floral leaf or spathe erect in flower, recurved before and after. ..."