Definition of Flower garden
1. Noun. A garden featuring flowering plants.
Flower Garden Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flower Garden Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flower Garden
Literary usage of Flower garden
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"Parkinson mentions it as a flower-garden subject in 1629. When critical study began to be given to the kinds of plants, the pansy was so distinct from wild ..."
2. A Treatise on the Theory and Practice of Landscape Gardening, Adapted to by Andrew Jackson Downing (1852)
"Irregular flower-garden. French flower-garden. English flower-garden. General remarks on this subject. Selection of showy plants, flowering in succession. ..."
3. An Encyclopædia of Gardening: Comprising the Theory and Practice of by John Claudius Loudon (1835)
"998 S16 Concentric and circular beds arranged as garden - - - - 909 SIo Flower-garden at Dropmore - - KKX) a flower-garden . 999 xíu Botanic flower-garden ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"When the flower garden is to be seen from the windows, or any other elevated point of view ... The flower garden may include several different compartments. ..."