Definition of Flowering hazel
1. Noun. Any of several Asiatic deciduous shrubs cultivated for their nodding racemes of yellow flowers that appear before the leaves.
Group relationships: Corylopsis, Genus Corylopsis
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Flowering Hazel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flowering Hazel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flowering Hazel
Literary usage of Flowering hazel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biltmore Nursery, Biltmore, N.C. (1907)
"flowering hazel. A small shrub, usually 2 to 3 feet tall, with numerous branches ... LARGE-LEAVED flowering hazel. An attractive small shrub, usually 3 to 4 ..."
2. Strasburger's Text-book of Botany by Eduard Strasburger, Hans Fitting (1921)
"nected with the red stigmas of the early-flowering Hazel, and perhaps also in the case of the cones of Coniferae. Deeper investigation may perhaps disclose ..."
3. Flower Gardening by Henry Sherman Adams (1913)
"... European double cherry Japanese double cherry Judas tree Dogwood Flowering hazel Japanese quince pure white rose orange Golden bell Weeping golden bell ..."
4. God's Good Man: A Simple Love-story by Marie Corelli (1904)
"... wearing a bunch of narcissi carelessly set in her hair and carrying a flowering hazel-wand in her hand, with which she beat time for her companions as ..."