Definition of Flowering quince
1. Noun. Asiatic ornamental shrub with spiny branches and pink or red blossoms.
Specialized synonyms: Chaenomeles Japonica, Japonica, Maule's Quince, Chaenomeles Speciosa, Japanese Quince
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Flowering Quince Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flowering Quince Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flowering Quince
Literary usage of Flowering quince
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Botanist edited by Willard Nelson Clute (1921)
"It is probably called "flowering quince" to distinguish it from the garden ... The flowering quince has still another claim to its title from the fact that ..."
2. The Table and how to Decorate it by Mary Whipple Alexander (1904)
"A large bowl of pussy-willow boughs and the flowering quince should occupy the center of the table, the bowl resting on a white Japanese drawn-work ..."
3. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1899)
"... Andover, Lawrence, and Methuen, on wild red cherry, pear, wild and cultivated apple, flowering quince, choke-berry, shad-bush, and black alder. ..."
4. Fundamentals of Agriculture edited by James Edward Halligan (1912)
"flowering quince. Double-Flowering Peach. Weigelia (in variety). Althea—Rose of Sharon. Lilac and Blue Shades: Lilac (in variety). ..."