Definition of Force feed
1. Noun. Mechanical system of lubricating internal combustion engines in which a pump forces oil into the engine bearings.
Group relationships: Ice, Internal-combustion Engine
Generic synonyms: Mechanical System
Terms within: Oil Filter, Oil Pump
Force Feed Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Force Feed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Force Feed
Literary usage of Force feed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Book of Wheat: An Economic History and Practical Manual of the Wheat by Peter Tracy Dondlinger (1908)
"... force feed BROADCAST SEEDER subsequent cultivation is necessary. By the old method of seeding by hand, one man could sow about 16 acres per day, ..."
2. The Science of Railways by Marshall Monroe Kirkman (1914)
"For many years past individual unit, force-feed lubricating devices have come to supersede ... McCORD force feed LUBRICATOR, The McCord system of force feed ..."
3. The Science of Railways by Marshall Monroe Kirkman (1904)
"For many years past individual unit, force-feed lubricating devices have come to ... CORY'S FORCE-FEED LUBRICATOR. The introduction of the device herewith ..."
4. Vehicles of the Air: A Popular Exposition of Modern Aeronautics with Working by Victor Lougheed (1910)
"A typical force-feed lubricator is illustrated in Figure 160, in which a is the reservoir, bbb are the leads, ccc are adjustments, and ddd are the ..."
5. The Horseless Age (1904)
"An engine with gravity One great advantage of the force feed system arises from ... Naturally enough, the force feed system labors under some disadvantages. ..."
6. The Practice of Lubrication: An Engineering Treatise on the Origin, Nature by Thomas Christian Thomsen (1920)
"Full force feed.—Oil is fed under pressure to the main bearings, ... force feed.—This system is the same as the full force feed system with this exception, ..."
7. The Operation, Care & Repair of Automobiles by Albert L Clough (1907)
"force feed Lubrication. (ALBERT L. CLOUGH.) force feed lubricators are rapidly supplanting other systems for furnishing a continuous supply of liquid ..."