Definition of Gas fitting
1. Noun. The fitting (pipes or valves or meters) that convey gas from the gas main to the gas fixtures of a building.
Gas Fitting Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gas Fitting Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gas Fitting
Literary usage of Gas fitting
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of Building Construction: Data for Architects, Designing and by George Albert Hool, Nathan Clarke Johnson (1920)
"gas fitting 1. Gas pipe 1356 2. Dimensions of standard iron pipes. . 1356 3. Pipe fittings 1357 4. Tools used in pipe fitting 1358 5. ..."
2. A Dictionary of Architecture and Building, Biographical, Historical, and by Russell Sturgis (1901)
"(See gas fitting ; Gas Fixture.) — WPG GAS PIPING. ... (See gas fitting.) GATCH. Plaster as used in Persia for decorative purposes. ..."
3. The School of Mines Quarterly by Columbia University School of Chemistry (1894)
"... those who wished to go into the subject further than this work has advanced. JS GAS.LIGHTING AND GAS-FITTING. By Win. Paul Gerhard, CE Second edition. ..."
4. Classified Guide to Technical and Commercial Books: A Subject-list of the by Edgar Greenwood (1904)
"Society of Arts, Is. gas fitting. GAS AND gas fittingS, by HF Hills. Cr. 8vo. 1902. ... HANDBOOK OF PRACTICAL GAS Fitting, by W. Grafton. Cr. 8vo. 328 pp. ..."
5. Classified Guide to Technical and Commercial Books: A Subject-list of the by Edgar Greenwood (1904)
"Society of Arts, Is. he Exhibition of Acetylene Genera- gas fitting. ... HANDBOOK OF PRACTICAL GAS Fitting by W. Grafton. Cr. 8vo. 328 pp°. 143 Illus. 1901. ..."