Definition of Genus Aspidiotus
1. Noun. A genus of Diaspididae.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Diaspididae, Family Diaspididae
Member holonyms: Aspidiotus Perniciosus, San Jose Scale
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Aspidiotus
Literary usage of Genus Aspidiotus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1905)
"89 Mexican scale-insects of genus Aspidiotus 45 Coe, WR Synopses of North American invertebrates. XXI. The Nemerteans. Part i . ..."
2. An Introduction to Entomology by John Henry Comstock, Anna Botsford Comstock (1888)
"... and cannot be seen while it is in its normal position on the plant. This is true of many species belonging to the genus Aspidiotus (A. fates, A, ..."
3. Teachers' Manual: Or, the Best Method of Teaching the Natural History of by Matthew Cooke (1884)
"genus Aspidiotus. Q.—Describe the characters by which the insects of this genus are distinguished? Q.—Name the examples given in the illustrations of the ..."
4. The Entomologist's Monthly Magazine by Nathaniel Lloyd and Company (1899)
"... more particularly of the genus Aspidiotus—have been added to our lists, that descriptions and figures which then sufficed for the discrimination of the ..."
5. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1881)
"This is true of many species belonging to the genus Aspidiotus (A. ficus, A. citri, A. perniciosus, and others).* In these species the position of the ..."