Definition of Genus Juniperus
1. Noun. Junipers.
Generic synonyms: Gymnosperm Genus
Group relationships: Cupressaceae, Cypress Family, Family Cupressaceae
Member holonyms: Juniper, Pencil Cedar, Pencil Cedar Tree, Bermuda Cedar, Juniperus Bermudiana, East African Cedar, Juniperus Procera
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Juniperus
Literary usage of Genus Juniperus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of West-American Cone-bearers by John Gill Lemmon (1900)
"Twelfth Genus, JUNIPERUS Linn. 1THE JUNIPERS. Twenty species in the Old World (two of them apparently reaching North America), five in Mexico, ..."
2. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1902)
"Even botanists failed to recognize the true relation of these forms and went as far as to place one of them in the genus Juniperus. With the exception of ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"The existing genera are nine in number and contain about 80 species, of which 40 per cent belong to the genus Juniperus. The smaller genera show apparent ..."
4. The Indian Forester (1892)
"... which are absent both from India proper and from further India; of these the genus Juniperus is worthy of notice. In conclusion, it must be mentioned ..."
5. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"Even botanists failed to recognize the true relation of these forms and went so far as to place one of them in the genus Juniperus. With the exception of ..."