Definition of Genus Lilium
1. Noun. Type genus of Liliaceae.
Generic synonyms: Liliid Monocot Genus
Group relationships: Family Liliaceae, Liliaceae, Lily Family
Member holonyms: Lily, Lilium Auratum, Mountain Lily
Genus Lilium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Lilium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Lilium
Literary usage of Genus Lilium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Book of the Lily by William Goldring (1905)
"CHAPTER II SYNOPSIS OF THE genus Lilium ACCORDING to Mr JG Baker, the botanical authority of the order ..."
2. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"There are many monographs of the genus Lilium in rare and costly works and in ... The latest and most sumptuous one is "A Monograph of the genus Lilium," by ..."
3. The New American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by George Ripley (1860)
"... and belong to a •-•otion in which the trne lily of the genus lilium • included. ... The lilies of the genus lilium are i- (L. ..."
4. Transactions by Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club (1881)
"I propose to devote oar time this evening to the genus Lilium, from which the order ... The genus Lilium has been sub-divided by Professor Baker, of Kew, ..."