Definition of Genus Liopelma
1. Noun. Type and sole genus of the family Leiopelmatidae.
Generic synonyms: Amphibian Genus
Group relationships: Family Leiopelmatidae, Family Liopelmidae, Leiopelmatidae, Liopelmidae
Member holonyms: Liopelma Hamiltoni
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Liopelma
Literary usage of Genus Liopelma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Distribution of Animals: With a Study of the Relations of by Alfred Russel Wallace (1876)
"... which present allied forms in both ; as well as by the genus Liopelma of New Zealand, allied to the ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1896)
"... are all European, except one genus (Liopelma), and that is confined to New Zealand. The reptiles contribute data looking in different directions. ..."
3. A Text-book of Zoology by Thomas Jeffery Parker, William Aitcheson Haswell (1921)
"On the other hand, the range of a species, genus, or order may be restricted to a single limited district. The genus Liopelma (New Zealand Frog) is found ..."
4. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1869)
"Tympanum none (or hidden) ; no eustachian tubes ; sacral vertebra dilated ; no vomerine teeth ; toes webbed at the base. genus Liopelma, Fitz., and Günther, ..."