Definition of Genus Polygonum
1. Noun. Diverse genus of herbs or woody subshrubs of north temperate regions.
Generic synonyms: Dicot Genus, Magnoliopsid Genus
Group relationships: Buckwheat Family, Family Polygonaceae, Polygonaceae
Member holonyms: China Fleece Vine, Polygonum Aubertii, Russian Vine, Silver Lace Vine, Buckwheat, Fagopyrum Esculentum, Polygonum Fagopyrum, Kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate, Polygonum Orientale, Prince's-feather, Prince's-plume, Princess Feather
Genus Polygonum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Polygonum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Polygonum
Literary usage of Genus Polygonum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Ladies Flower-garden of Ornamental Annuals by Loudon (Jane) (1842)
"The genus Polygonum comprises many British weeds, particularly the Knot-grass (P. aviculare), which is so common in garden walks; the showy-Water pepper (P. ..."
2. The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science by Iowa Academy of Science (1895)
"The genus Polygonum is easily distinguished from ... The small canals radiating from cell-cavity in palisade like cells of the genus Polygonum ..."
3. Flora of Miami: Being Descriptions of the Seed-plants Growing Naturally on by John Kunkel Small (1913)
"A Monograph of the North American Species of the genus Polygonum $6.00 Contains descriptions of the species of the genus Polygonum growing naturally in ..."
4. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"For monograph of native and intro. species, see Small, "Monograph of the North American species of the genus Polygonum," in Mem. Dept. Bot. ..."