Definition of Glandular disorder
1. Noun. A disorder of the glands of the body.
Generic synonyms: Disorder, Upset
Specialized synonyms: Hyperparathyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Hyperpituitarism, Addison's Disease, Addison's Syndrome, Hypoadrenalism, Hypoadrenocorticism, Adenopathy, Aldosteronism, Hyperaldosteronism, Cushing's Disease, Hyperadrenalism, Cushing's Syndrome, Hyperadrenocorticism, Hyperthyroidism, Thyrotoxicosis, Hypothyroidism
Lexicographical Neighbors of Glandular Disorder
Literary usage of Glandular disorder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. On Intermittent Fever and Other Malarious Diseases by Israel Shipman Pelton Lord (1871)
"... it is a glandular irritant, and almost all its symptoms are reflected from the glandular disorder. In this case the malarious disorder might not have ..."
2. Eugenics and Social Welfare Bulletin by New York (State), Board of Social Welfare, Bureau of Analysis and Investigation (1917)
"An argument for supposing the convulsions of epilepsy to be due to glandular disorder is that all the spasms of the body are related more or less closely to ..."
3. Acne ; its etiology, pathology and treatment by Lucius Duncan Bulkley (1885)
"In regard to the mode in which the glandular disorder is produced by these ... It is also very commonly supposed that the glandular disorder is caused by ..."
4. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by American Neurological Association, Philadelphia Neurological Society, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association, Boston Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (1915)
"Is this merely an association of two disorders or is there some relation between glandular disorder and muscular dystrophy? He had considered in his paper ..."
5. The Internal Secretions and the Nervous System by Maxime Laignel-Lavastine (1919)
"... and on the other hand nervous and psychic symptoms born of a glandular disorder, which is often transitory, may outlast this disorder indefinitely. ..."