Definition of Governing board
1. Noun. A board that manages the affairs of an institution.
Specialized synonyms: Board Of Regents, Board Of Trustees
Member holonyms: Regent, Trustee
Medical Definition of Governing board
1. The group in which legal authority is vested for the control of health-related institutions and organizations. (12 Dec 1998)
Governing Board Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Governing Board Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Governing Board
Literary usage of Governing board
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1914)
"Group B.—In the following associations nominations for office are made by the governing board at the annual meeting. Usually the rule permits other ..."
2. Journal by Texas Legislature. Senate, Legislature, United States Congress. Senate, Texas State Library, Texas (1913)
"voters, to be known as the governing board, one of whom shall be the ... The members of the governing board heretofore appointed by the Governor shall ..."
3. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1898)
"The chief executive officer of the municipality is empowered to appoint, with the approval of the governing board, nine directors, chosen wilh reference to ..."
4. Industrial Education by United States Bureau of Labor, Charles Henry Winslow, Jesse C. Bowen (1911)
"The various types and classes of schools are defined and described in Chapter I. The second column shows, first, the governing board—that is, ..."
5. A Treatise on the Law of Torts: Or the Wrongs which Arise Independently of by Thomas McIntyre Cooley, John Lewis (1907)
"Whether an action would lie against the teacher for such refusal, or whether the remedy would not be confined to an appeal to the governing board, ..."