Definition of Granuloma inguinale
1. Noun. A venereal disease caused by a bacterium of the genus Calymmatobacterium; characterized by a pimply rash of the skin in the genital and groin region.
Generic synonyms: Cupid's Disease, Cupid's Itch, Dose, Sexually Transmitted Disease, Social Disease, Std, Vd, Venereal Disease, Venereal Infection, Venus's Curse
Medical Definition of Granuloma inguinale
Granuloma Inguinale Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Granuloma Inguinale Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Granuloma Inguinale
Literary usage of Granuloma inguinale
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Medical Research by American Association of Pathologists and Bacteriologists (1901)
"Cleland (1909) found a spirochete in cases of granuloma inguinale in the native women ... In 1905 Donovan observed cell inclusions in granuloma inguinale, ..."
2. Diseases of the skin: Inluding the Acute Eruptive Fevers by Frank Crozer Knowles (1914)
"... granuloma of the pudenda; Perforating granuloma of the thigh; granuloma inguinale ... granuloma inguinale ..."
3. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1922)
"RANDALL, SMALL, AND BELK: granuloma inguinale appetite a capricious affair, ... Treatment for granuloma inguinale was instituted January 29, 1921, ..."
4. Diseases of the Skin: A Textbook for Students and Practitioners by J. M. H. MacLeod (1921)
"GRANULOMA. INGUINALE Syn. : Ulcerating granuloma of the pudenda. ... The modern names of granuloma inguinale or Granuloma ..."