¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Graunch
1. to grind [v GRAUNCHED, GRAUNCHING, GRAUNCHES] - See also: grind
Lexicographical Neighbors of Graunch
Literary usage of Graunch
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by English Dialect Society (1894)
"To grind, crunch, as 'to graunch the teeth,' or 'gravel' (with the feet). Leic., Glouc. ... graunch, or Granch, a crush, 'scrunch,' or crash, is common. ..."
2. A Warwickshire Word-book: Comprising Obsolescent and Dialect Words by G. F. Northall (1896)
"graunch, un and a. To grind, crunch, as ' to graunch the teeth,' or 'gravel' (with the feet). Leic., Glouc. ..."
3. Camping Among Cannibals by Alfred St. Johnston (1888)
"... vre have struck once, and the peculiar " graunch- " sensation is anything but agreeable. So we have ourselves very happily where we are, it being of the ..."
4. Leicestershire Words, Phrases, and Proverbs by Arthur Benoni Evans (1881)
"graunch, vn and a., var. of 'crunch' and 'scrunch,' to crush or grind with a noise ; crash. ' I'm sure it freezes, for I heard the ice ..."