Definition of Group captain
1. Noun. A commissioned officer (especially one in the Royal Air Force) equivalent in rank to a colonel in the army.
Group Captain Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Group Captain Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Group Captain
Literary usage of Group captain
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. General Kenney Reports: A Personal History of the Pacific War by George C. Kenney (1997)
"I went down to the 30 Squadron Area with group captain Bull Garing. We lined up all the squadron officers and bawled out the two pilots who had made the ..."
2. Journalby Helicopter Association of Great Britain by Helicopter Association of Great Britain (1894)
"by group captain RN LIPTROT, CBE Lecture given on October 12th at Manson House, ... group captain Liptrot — should like to express my appreci- Even in ..."
3. The Journal of the Polynesian Society by Polynesian Society (N.Z.) (1918)
"Later omn we shall see wino was tine probable discoverer of tine group. Captain Beechey was tine first person to give to the world any ..."
4. The life of captain James Cook by Andrew Kippis (1788)
"... form a group containing about three degrees of latitude, and two of longitude. To this group Captain Cook had given the name of the ..."