¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Helipad
1. a heliport [n -S] - See also: heliport
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Helipad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Helipad
Literary usage of Helipad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Landscapes of Andalucia and the Costa Del Sol by John Oldfield, Christine Oldfield (2002)
"Just before passing some distinctive rock formations, there is a helipad on the right: ... Beyond another helipad on the right, we reach the valley floor. ..."
2. Dust Off: Army Aeromedical Evacuation in Vietnam by Peter Dorland, James Nanney (2001)
"A helipad on the troop carrier consisted of little more than steel runway ... Topside the ship had a helipad with enough space for one helicopter to land ..."
3. Landscapes of Sardinia: A Countryside Guide by Andreas Stieglitz (2001)
"This will take you past a helipad tor the fire brigade, from where the continuing road is surfaced. It takes you straight bat k to ..."
4. Britain: Including Ireland by Hunter Publishing, Incorporated (2001)
"... WHIRLS towards its helipad, you can see that the .t\moorland of the Dales proper comes to within a mile or so of the 17thC Devonshire Arms. Follow the ..."
5. Puerto Rico by Kurt Pitzer, Tara Stevens (2001)
"Park here and hike a quarter mile up to the helipad. Heading in the opposite direction from the airport, Carr. 250 skirts the northern side of Ensenada ..."