Definition of Herbert hoover
1. Noun. 31st President of the United States; in 1929 the stock market crashed and the economy collapsed and Hoover was defeated for reelection by Franklin Roosevelt (1874-1964).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of Herbert Hoover
Literary usage of Herbert hoover
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Woodrow Wilson and World Settlement by Ray Stannard Baker (1922)
"Letter of herbert hoover to President Wilson February 4, 1919, regarding French obstruction to plans for feeding Germany, with copy of proposed resolutions, ..."
2. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1920)
"The Only Way Out INAUGURAL ADDRESS OF herbert hoover, PRESIDENT AIME I HAVE been greatly honored as your unanimous choice for President of this Institute ..."
3. The Vanguard of American Volunteers in the Fighting Lines and in by Edwin Wilson Morse (1918)
"XXII herbert hoover AND "ENGINEERING EFFICIENCY" BEFORE 1915 the name of Herbert Hoover was unknown in the United States save to a few mining engineers and ..."
4. Waste in Industry by American Engineering Council (1921)
"... huge deduction from the goods and services that we might all enjoy if we could do a better job of it. herbert hoover. ..."