Definition of High-fidelity
1. Adjective. Characterized by minimal distortion in sound reproduction. "A hi-fi system"
Lexicographical Neighbors of High-fidelity
Literary usage of High-fidelity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Ecology and Conservation of the Marbled Murrelet by C. John Ralph (1997)
"While these observations indicate that the species exhibits high fidelity to forest stands, no direct information is available on stand or nest-site ..."
2. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"The simulator maintains and operates high-fidelity flight dynamics, flight control and high fidelity avionic systems simulations for a variety of aircraft ..."
3. Catalyzing Inquiry at the Interface of Computing and Biology by John C. Wooley, Herbert Lin (2005)
"The development of a high-fidelity simulation of a cell—even the simplest cell—is an ... Yet if a truly high-fidelity simulation could be developed, ..."
4. Buckling of Bars, Plates, and Shells by Robert M. Jones (2006)
"4.11.5 High-Fidelity Analysis and Design of Buckling-Critical Shells The objective of the development of high-fidelity analysis and design of shell ..."