2. Verb. (third-person singular of hijack) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hijacks
1. hijack [v] - See also: hijack
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hijacks Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hijacks
hijacks (current term)
Literary usage of Hijacks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Deeper Reading: Comprehending Challenging Texts, 4-12 by Kelly Gallagher (2004)
"... causing the deaths of hundreds of unsuspecting people. A scientist develops a biological weapon that could kill thousands. A man hijacks an airplane ..."
2. OECD Anti-spam Toolkit of Recommended Policies and Measuresby SourceOECD (Online service) by SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"Overall, spyware slows down computers, hijacks Web browsers, and sends personal information to advertisers. Anti-spyware tools can also detect potentially ..."
3. The Praxis of Alain Badiou by Paul Ashton, A J Bartlett, Justin Clemens (2006)
"Here there are two possible types of terror, a terror that hijacks an actual event and one that does not. Formally or mathematically speaking the simulacra ..."
4. Violence in South Africa: A Variety of Perspectives by Elirea Bornman, René Van Eeden, Marie Wentzel (1998)
"Since the April elections there have been increasing reports that ex-SDU members have involved themselves in bank robberies and car hijacks, using their ..."