Definition of Hills
1. Noun. (plural of hill) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hills
1. hill [v] - See also: hill
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hills
Literary usage of Hills
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1891)
"hills wrote the preface to ' A Dialogue between a Pedler and a Popish Priest ... [The following scurrilous pieces relate to hills' chequered career: 1. ..."
2. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1901)
"THE FLINT hills OF KANSAS. BY JR MEAD, WICHITA. Read before the Academy December 28, 1900. In this article I shall not attempt to give the geology of the ..."
3. Bulletin by Mysore Geologists' Association (1918)
"The Black hills occupy an area, elliptical in outline, having a length of ... The hills rise rather abruptly from the surrounding plains to elevations of ..."
4. Annual Report by Ontario Dept. of Highways, Ontario Dept. of Agriculture and Food, Ontario Dept. of Public Works (1897)
"No water should, as a rule, be allowed to pass over the hills by the roadside ... Roads passing along the sides of hills are frequently softened and injured ..."
5. Modern American Poetry by Louis Untermeyer (1921)
"AUTUMN The music of the autumn winds sings low, Down by the ruins of the painted hills, Where death lies flaming with a marvelous glow, Upon the ash of rose ..."
6. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1910)
"Its purpose is to tell of Mosier hills, lying between Mt. Hood and the Columbia river, ... Mosier hills! Would you, kind reader, find the place where the ..."
7. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1897)
"It is curious that hills and apparent obstructions fail to obstruct. The reason is probably the fact that the lines of force escape these hills. ..."