Definition of Hohhot
1. Noun. A northern industrial city of China to the northwest of Beijing.
Definition of Hohhot
1. Noun. A city in North-Central China, capital of Inner Mongolia (Nei Mongol) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hohhot
Literary usage of Hohhot
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Continuing Crackdown in Inner Mongolia by Asia Watch Committee (U.S.), Asia Watch Committee (U.S., Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch (Organization (1992)
"hohhot Railways Bureau Remand Center "" (Hu- Tic-Ju ... suburbs of hohhot Municipality] Hi. Inner Mongolia Regional Nos. 1, 2,3 and 5 Labor-Reform ..."
2. Crackdown in Inner Mongolia by Asia Watch Committee (U.S.), Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch (Organization (1991)
"In addition, some mcmlx-rs of the Ih Ju league "National Culture Society," working in collusion with a handful of people in hohhot, ..."
3. Human Rights Watch World Report 1992 by Human Rights Watch (Organization (1991)
"Moreover, the appeal stated that following protests held in hohhot and other parts of Inner Mongolia to commemorate the second anniversary of the June 4, ..."
4. China's Forest Product Import Trends 1997-2002: Analysis of Customs Data by Xiufang Sun, Nian Cheng, Andy White (2004)
"The volume of Russian lumber passing through the ports of Harbin and hohhot also grew during the period studied 500 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Year ..."
5. The Journey by Timothy Tuohy (2006)
"We helped him into a truck and continued to hohhot where we camped. ... We stayed at hohhot for a full day resting, taking in the sun and swimming in the ..."
6. Detained in China and Tibet: A Directory of Political and Religious Prisoners by Robin Munro, Mickey Spiegel, Asia Watch Committee (U.S.) (1994)
"... 36-year-old hohhot, Inner Mongolia natives and leaders of the 1981 student protest against Han Chinese domination, were released on parole, ..."
7. Freedom of Religion in China by Asia Watch Committee (U.S.), Asia Watch Committee (1992)
"Bishop JIANG Liren, from hohhot, Inner Mongolia, secretly consecrated in late June 1989, was in prison from late 1989 until April 1990 in connection with ..."