2. Noun. A tool used to hone. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Honer
1. one that hones [n -S] - See also: hones
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Honer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Honer
Literary usage of Honer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The history, topography and antiquities of the county and city of Waterford by R H. Ryland (1824)
"... Saff conduct may give to lands wyde To encrease thine honer att every tyde, ... Thyne honer to conserve without distress, Quia tu semper intacta manes. ..."
2. Mackenzie's Five Thousand Receipts: In All the Useful and Domestic Arts by Colin MacKenzie (1854)
"... and proceed as before with honer water without pearl-ash. If л black, blue, .... honer ..."
3. Hunt's Yachting Magazine (1869)
""The never a one thin yer honer! returned Thornton, "she kem in the dead of the night when evil things are abroad on the say and the land 1" Just were the ..."
4. A New Universal Gazetteer, Containing a Descripton of the Principal Nations by Richard Brookes, John Marshall (1832)
"... began by Edward III, in 1737, in honer of the order of the greater. On the S. side of the town is the great park, which is 14 m. in circumference. ..."
5. Collections by Minisink Valley Historical Society, Connecticut Historical Society (1899)
"I shall gladly goe to ye island; hope yr honer will send 50 men, I hope, ... Yr honer s dutiful! ser*. Js NOBLE. SAMUEL RHODES* TO WILLIAM PEPPERRELL. ..."
6. Minutes of the Executive Council of the Province of New York by New York (State). Council, Victor Hugo Paltsits (1910)
"... that would Cume vp at the fale of 20:36 the lefe very Honest men and good House Keepers they June al to doue vnlesse youre honer will bee plesed to giue ..."