Definition of Hones
1. Noun. (plural of hone) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of hone) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hones
1. hone [v] - See also: hone
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hones
Literary usage of Hones
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Scottish Jurist: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the House of by Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, House of Lords, Parliament, Great Britain (1841)
"The market prices at which hones were then selling were £4. 8s. and £4. 10s. In conformity with the contract, the defender hegan to deliver to the pursuer ..."
2. Descriptive Catalogue of a Collection of the Economic Minerals of Canada by Geological Survey of Canada (1876)
"Specimens of hones or " sharpening stones," from a quarry recently opened. Bath-brick 1. Kincardine, 0 George Riggins. a. Bath-brick. 6. ..."
3. Manual of Geology: Treating of the Principles of the Science with Special by James Dwight Dana, ( (1880)
"Other remains of .sharks are the teeth or hones of the mouth. The masticating apparatus in some of the ancient sharks, as in the ?ЕИ'-ш\ч-. — Fin 502. ..."
4. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1899)
"Permanent dislocation of the patella, showing position of the hones before operation. thrown back, and there was well-marked lumbar lordosis. ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: In by Sandford Nevile, Great Britain Court of King's Bench (1834)
"... and was accustomed to wrap his hones up in a certain envelope containing directions for their use; that the plaintiff so wrapped up his hones in order ..."
6. The Vision of William Concerning Piers Plowman: Together with Vita de Dowel by William Langland, Walter William Skeat (1884)
"411, 20. CO, a. 8. 17, a. 8. 137, a. 9. 104. AS lift. Houe, hood, cap, 4. 451, 23. 172, R. 3. 326 ; hones, pi. 1. 159. AS hufe, a mitre, cap. ..."