Definition of Hostile fire
1. Noun. Fire that injures or kills an enemy.
Hostile Fire Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hostile Fire Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hostile Fire
Literary usage of Hostile fire
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Tactics by William Balck (1915)
"hostile fire must be taken up in time, since it is not always possible to make ... (a) Increasing the Difficulties in the Adjustment of the hostile fire. ..."
2. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1914)
"HOSTILE hostile fire An ordinary fire in a stove Is deemed, with relation to fire insurance, a "friendly" and not a "hostile" fire; but where a fire in a ..."
3. Howard's Hill and Other True Stories: Small Unit Marine Action in Vietnam by DIANE Publishing Company (1990)
"The hostile fire was like that on each of ... village to the left front of Bravo Company from which the heaviest concentration of hostile fire was pouring, ..."
4. The International Military Digest Annual by Cornélis De Witt Willcox (1917)
"During all mis time the hostile fire remained undiminished,—-on the contrary it seemed to increase in intensity. Shortly after this the battery commander of ..."