Definition of Hunting season
1. Noun. The season during which it is legal to kill a particular species.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hunting Season
Literary usage of Hunting season
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Forty-four Years of the Life of a Hunter: Being Reminiscences of Meshach by Meshach Browning, Edward Stabler (1859)
"... and kills two Bucks — Takes a Hunt on Negro Mountain — Kills a small Buck and a Bear — hunting season ended — In February took the Dogs to hare a Fox ..."
2. Baily's Magazine of Sports and Pastimes (1898)
"The hunting season. THE second annual issue of our Hunting Directory will be closely connected with one of the hardest, dryest, ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia of Sport by Frederick George Aflalo, Hedley Peek (1897)
"The stag-hunting season usually comes to an end about the loth of October, after which the hind-hunting season commences, and is continued until the end of ..."
4. A Summer and Winter on Hudson Bay by Charles Kenneth Leith, Arthur T. Leith (1912)
"RECORD OF THE hunting season OF 1876-77, LITTLE WHALE RIVER POST Following is a transcribed record of the day journal of Little Whale River post for the ..."