Definition of Inhibiters
1. inhibiter [n] - See also: inhibiter
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Inhibiters Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inhibiters
Literary usage of Inhibiters
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Leading Cases in the Law of Scotland: Prepared from the Original Pleadings by George Ross (1849)
"The inhibiters have no farther benefit by their inhibitions, ... The inhibiters, therefore, take the same sum which they would have taken, ..."
2. The Scots Revised Reports: Morison's Dictionary, 1 to 9424 (1908)
"The inhibiters ] reduction of the ... of Sir James Cockburn's creditors on the price of Dunse, the inhibiters were found Щ have right to the ..."
3. The Decisions of the Lords of Council and Session, in Most Cases of by Scotland Court of Session, Alexander Bruce, Faculty of Advocates (Scotland), Scotland, Court of Session (1720)
"... (accordingto this Argument ) a Party might oblige inhibiters to produce the Executions to fee if they were forged or not : Nor is there any Parrallel ..."
4. Principles of the Law of Scotland by John Erskine, George Moir (1881)
"7, 1680, M. 571); but to secure inhibiters against the effect of such alienations, it is declared by Act S., Feb. 19, 1680, that after intimation of the ..."
5. An Institute of the Law of Scotland: In Four Books : in the Order of Sir by John Erskine, George Mackenzie, James Ivory (1828)
"... when he is not controlled by witnesses, antedate writings, by which his heirs might be cut off from the plea of deathbed, creditors-inhibiters ..."
6. The Practical Conveyancer, Or, The Principles of Scotch Conveyancing by George Lyon (1848)
"... ritable creditor; B. and F. are inhibiters in the order in which they stand, A, C, G, and H, ..."
7. A System of the Forms of Deeds Used in Scotland by Robert Bell (1817)
"This Branch contained the Numbers — the names of the inhibiters — the dates of the execution — and the Numbers in the State of Interests against which the ..."
8. Decisions of the Court of Session: From the Year 1733 to the Year 1754 ...by Scotland Court of Session, Patrick Grant Elchies, William Maxwell Morison by Scotland Court of Session, Patrick Grant Elchies, William Maxwell Morison (1813)
"... on the deed quarrelled was in 1706, and in the l 735 the inhibiters were preferred to it on other grounds. Vide inter eoa- ikm voce Jus ..."