Medical Definition of Interproximal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Interproximal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Interproximal
Literary usage of Interproximal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mouth Hygiene: A Text-book for Dental Hygienists by Alfred Civilion Fones (1921)
"interproximal Spaces.—Fig. 75 affords a good example of normally occluded teeth, one maxilla and one-half of the mandible with their teeth being shown. ..."
2. The Journal of the Allied Dental Societies by Allied Dental Societies (U.S.) (1918)
"This slide also shows restorations which mechanically protect the interproximal tissue from injury, as the contact and marginal ridges are so formed that ..."
3. Clinical Rheumatology: A Problem-oriented Approach to Diagnosis and Management by Roland W. Moskowitz (1921)
"208, and it can be understood how they form foundation upon which the interproximal gingiva rests. The first step in the sagging of the interproximal gum ..."
4. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1922)
"After selecting the teeth to be wired, both ends of the eyelet wire are inserted from the buccal surface through the interproximal space, for example, ..."
5. The International Journal of Orthodontia and Oral Surgery (1921)
"... with the exception of a negligible minimum, may be slid away from the interproximal space, rather than definitely and unavoidably into it, ..."