Definition of James thurber
1. Noun. United States humorist and cartoonist who published collections of essays and stories (1894-1961).
James Thurber Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: James Thurber Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of James Thurber
Literary usage of James thurber
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"1985 I keep thinking of Don Castro not smoking on the maiden voyage of that goddam zeppelin —james thurber, letter, 18 July 1952 There seem to be a number ..."
2. Sessional Papers by Canada Parliament (1891)
"... and documents of every nature respecting the resignation of james thurber, ... and the refusal of the government to grant to the said james thurber, ..."
3. Columbus, Ohio: Photographic Portrait by Randall Lee Schieber (2007)
"66 The prolifically talented james thurber was most recognized for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which depicted the stormy relationship of a meek, ..."
4. Mr Brouard's Odyssey by Diana Winsor (2004)
"It probably got us off entirely on the wrong foot because long afterwards he said he had never heard of james thurber, it was just mat he was rather bored, ..."