Definition of Jean sibelius
1. Noun. Finnish composer (1865-1957).
Jean Sibelius Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jean Sibelius Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jean Sibelius
Literary usage of Jean sibelius
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Music Review and Church Music Review by American Guild of Organists (1906)
"Sibelius By OLIN DOWNES |UT of the North has come a new prophet: jean sibelius, at present the leading composer of Finland. This is intended as more than a ..."
2. Program of the Ann Arbor May Festival by University of Michigan University Musical Society, University of Michigan School of Music (1920)
"It would seem that in the person of jean sibelius they have at last found the medium through which their musical concepts would come to such fullness of ..."
3. Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians by George Grove (1908)
"But the actual representative of Finnish music is jean sibelius. His art reflects the grave and austere beauty of Finland's scenery and poetry, ..."
4. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"Sibelius, Jean Julius Christian, 1865- Finland's voire in the symphonies of Jean Sibelius, por. Cur. Opinion. 57: 108. Ag. '14. Siberia. ..."