Definition of John heming
1. Noun. English actor who edited the first folio of Shakespeare's plays (1556-1630).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian
John Heming Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: John Heming Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Heming
Literary usage of John heming
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1887)
"On 27 March 1018-19 a new patent to his company places his name third on the list, john heming [qv] and Richard Burbage (then just dead) alone preceding it. ..."
2. English Dramatic Companies, 1558-1642 by John Tucker Murray (1910)
"john heming and Thomas Pope were paid £20, and given £10 reward, on Oct. 2, ... john heming was paid £30 (£20 and £10 reward, in Chalmers, Apology, 401), ..."
3. Publicationsby Musical Antiquarian Society by Musical Antiquarian Society (1842)
"Paid to john heming and Thomas Pope f ... past ye *ome of xx". and to them more by waye of her Ma" rewarde ye some of x". In all xxx". Paid to john heming ..."
4. The History of English Dramatic Poetry to the Time of Shakespeare: And by John Payne Collier (1831)
"Whereas we have given order, that our servant * john heming, and the rest of our Players, shall attend * upon us and our dearest Consort the Queene at our ..."
5. Extracts from the Accounts of the Revels at Court, in the Reigns of Queen by Peter Cunningham (1853)
"Paid to john heming and Thomas Pope f ... past y" iome of xx". and to them more by waye of her Ma" rewarde ye some of x". In all xxx". Paid to john heming ..."