Definition of John pierpont morgan
1. Noun. United States financier and philanthropist (1837-1913).
John Pierpont Morgan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: John Pierpont Morgan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Pierpont Morgan
Literary usage of John pierpont morgan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Miscellaneous Addresses by Elihu Root (1917)
"john pierpont morgan ADDRESS AT THE MEMORIAL MEETING OF THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK. APRIL 3, 1913 MR. MORGAN'S life is still so near ..."
2. The New Larned History for Ready Reference, Reading and Research: The Actual by Josephus Nelson Larned, Augustus Hunt Shearer (1922)
"It was in 1857, the year of a great financial panic in the United States, that john pierpont morgan, a tall, taciturn young man oí twenty, stepped on the ..."
3. The Historical Register ... Illustrated with Portrait Plates by Edwin Charles Hill (1921)
"john pierpont morgan OHN PIERPONT MORGAN was born in Hartford, Connecticut, April 17th, 1837; son of Junius Spencer and ..."
4. Genealogical and Personal History of the Upper Monongahela Valley, West by James Morton Callahan (1912)
"John Pierpont, the New England poet; Judge Edwards Pierpont, the statesman, and john pierpont morgan the financier, are of the same family. ..."
5. Prominent and Progressive Americans: An Encyclopædia of Contemporaneous by Mitchell Charles Harrison (1902)
"john pierpont morgan inherited from both his parents the mental and spiritual characteristics which distinguished them, and at an early age inclined toward ..."