Lexicographical Neighbors of Kalamata
Literary usage of Kalamata
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook for Travellers in Greece: Describing the Ionian Islands, the by John Murray (Firm) (1854)
"Thuria to kalamata 2J hours.—The road, which runs along the foot of the lower range of ... The roadstead of kalamata is only fit for the summer months. ..."
2. A History of Greece: From Its Conquest by the Romans to the Present Time, B by George Finlay (1877)
"The voivode of kalamata, hearing that bodies of armed Greeks had assembled on the ... On the following day, kalamata was besieged by two thousand Greeks, ..."
3. Travels in the Morea: With a Map and Plans by William Martin Leake (1830)
"kalamata. — PHAR;E. — Produce of the District of kalamata. — Management of the silkworm. — From kalamata to An- ..."
4. Landscapes of the Southern Peloponnese by Michael Cullen (2003)
"Messinia region Central office in kalamata: ( 27210 28581 or ( 27210 22851; in Pylos (27230 22230; also www.ktel.org/messinia) 1 kalamata - Mavromati ..."
5. History of the Greek Revolution by George Finlay (1861)
"About noon on the following day, kalamata was besieged by two thousand Greeks, ... The ceremony was on the banks of the torrent that flows by kalamata. ..."
6. Handbook to the Mediterranean: Its Cities, Coasts and Islands by John Murray (Firm), Robert Lambert Playfair (1890)
"Hence it is 5 m. nearly due N. to kalamata, the principal place in Messinia. ... Railway lines connecting kalamata with Myli and Athens, and will Pyrgos are ..."
7. An Excursion in the Peloponnesus in the Year 1858 by Thomas Wyse (1865)
"The citadel of kalamata was built by Guillaume de Villehardouin, who, born in the town, felt a strong attachment to the place, and made it his residence; ..."