Definition of Kaw river
1. Noun. A river in northeastern Kansas; flows eastward to become a tributary of the Missouri River.
Group relationships: Kansas, Ks, Sunflower State
Generic synonyms: River
Kaw River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kaw River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kaw River
Literary usage of Kaw river
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1908)
"An examination of the analyses of the kaw river water made previously by various chemists reveals the fact that the chlorin content is very variable. ..."
2. Industrial Arts Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"II plan Eng Moving a three-span truss bridge over the kaw river at Kansas City. ... II plans Eng N 70:54-61 Jl 10 '13 Moving the Union pacific kaw river ..."
3. Notes of a Military Reconnoissance from Fort Leavenworth, in Missouri, to by William Hemsley Emory (1848)
"Missouri river and kaw river, villosus. With the preceding. ... Several species occur from kaw river to Bent's Fort. Gaura coccinea. August 13. ..."
4. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1908)
"The Kansas, or Kaw, river and the Missouri river north of Kansas City, and the kaw river, especially at Kansas City, were undoubtedly in a more or less ..."
5. Kansas; a Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions by Frank Wilson Blackmar (1912)
"After I came the keel boat was used altogether on the kaw river. ... Going up the kaw river we pulled all the way; about 15 miles a day. ..."