Definition of Kemples
1. kemple [n] - See also: kemple
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kemples
kemples (current term)
Literary usage of Kemples
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by Scottish History Society, Dorset Record Society (1894)
"7 13 0 to James davies man brought 2 kemple oat- strae, wch makes 4 kemples . .036 to wm douglas, paym' of all his counts of ..."
2. The Account Book of Sir John Foulis of Ravelston 1671-1707 by John Foulis (1894)
"7 13 0 to James davies man brought 2 kemple oat- strae, wch makes 4 kemples . .036 to wm douglas, paym* of all his counts of ..."
3. The Book of the Farm by Henry Stephens (1852)
"From a crop of barley of 60 bushels, weighing 56 Ibs. per bushel, or 3360 Ibs. per acre, the weight of straw is 7 kemples, or 3080 Ibs., being -¡15 more ..."
4. A Treatise on the Right of Personal Liberty: And on the Writ of Habeas by Rollin Carlos Hurd (1858)
"kemples Lessee v. Kennedy, 5 Cr., 185; 1 Smith Lead. Cas., 5 ed., 846. In the several states there has been some diversity in the application of the rule to ..."
5. An Index to the Wills and Inventories Now Preserved in the Probate Registry by William Fergusson Irvine (1902)
"Harper, Ellen, of Liverpool, widow Harper, George, of kemples, County of Salop, yeoman ... Harper, James, of the City of Chester, gentleman, ..."
6. An Account of the Systems of Husbandry Adopted in the More Improved by John Sinclair (1814)
"Wheat straw, at 10 kemples (81T pounds Troy) per Scotch acre, or one kemple for four bushels, or one boll of wheat, at 9s. per kemple, is L.4, ..."
7. A Treatise on the Law and Practice in Justices' Courts: As Determined by the by Jabez Franklin Cowdery (1889)
"... certain cases.7 In exercising their jurisdiction in foreclosure cases, and in relieving from the forfeiture of leases, they proceed 1 kemples' Lessee v. ..."