Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Khanum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Khanum
khanum (current term)
Literary usage of Khanum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Russian Central Asia: Including Kuldja, Bokhara, Khiva and Merv by Henry Lansdell (1885)
"Bibi-khanum-s tomb.—The Citadel Palace and the Kok-tash stone : its legendary history and uses.—Timur-s palace of Ishrat-Khana. WE saw little or nothing of ..."
2. Early Adventures in Persia, Susiana, and Babylonia: Including a Residence by Austen Henry Layard (1887)
"... the Karun—Kala Tul—The guest-room—Mehemet Taki Khan's brothers—His wife—His sick son—The great Bakhtiyari chief—Cure his son—Khatun-jan khanum— ..."
3. The Khedive's Egypt: Or, The Old House of Bondage Under New Masters by Edwin De Leon (1877)
"... khanum—His personal appearance and character •—Resemblance physically and morally to " Bluff King Hal "—His military mania—Life under tents, ..."
4. Russia's Railway Advance Into Central Asia by Dobson, George (1890)
"... concerning Kazim-ben-Abbas—His tomb—Mohammedan votaries—Bibi khanum College—Slanting minarets—Tamerlane's tomb—Kala Afrosiab—Oldest irrigation canal in ..."
5. Wanderings of a Pilgrim in Search of the Picturesque: During Four-and-twenty by Fanny Parkes Parlby (1850)
"... khanum—The Zenana Doll—Jealousy of the Natives—Meals of the Slave Girls—Tara the pretty Slave—Conduct of English Ladies considered ..."
6. Storia Do Mogor: Or, Mogul India, 1653-1708 by Niccolao Manucci, William Irvine (1907)
"Chattar-wati Jani Begam Mah khanum Cha Canon Fiar Conda Canon Pur onor Begom ... that they are void of care,2 while others have the title of Canon (khanum), ..."