Lexicographical Neighbors of Kharif
kharif (current term)
Literary usage of Kharif
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. India in 1887 as Seen by Robert Wallace by Robert Wallace (1888)
"Rotation of Crops Understood—kharif—Rabi—Catch Crops—Mixed Crops —Advantages—Examples of Rotation. TT is quite a. mistake to suppose that the native ..."
2. The Imperial Gazetteer of India by William Wilson Hunter (1886)
"The two usual harvests, kharif in autumn, and rab'i in spring, have their ordinary staples of rice, millets, and moth, or of wheat, barley, linseed, ..."
3. The Land-systems of British India: Being a Manual of the Land-tenures and of by Baden Henry Baden-Powell (1892)
"... and kharif (spring and autumn). The patwari has also the duty of seeing that every payment of revenue is duly written up in the receipt-book ..."
4. Incentives and Constraints in the Transformation of Punjab Agriculture by Anya McGuirk, Yair Mundlak (1991)
"Table 8—Estimates of irrigated area allocation equations, kharif season Notes: The numbers in parentheses are t-statistics. See Table 6 for definitions of ..."
5. Kachahrí technicalities; or: A glossary of terms rural, official and general by Patrick Carnegy (1877)
"... the rabi flourishes here, the kharif requires much watering, ... islands liable to be over flown are so called ; fit for rabi and kharif. ..."