Definition of Knee pants
1. Noun. Trousers ending above the knee.
Specialized synonyms: Britches, Buckskins, Plus Fours, Trunk Hose
Terms within: Codpiece
Generic synonyms: Pant, Trouser
Language type: Plural, Plural Form
Knee Pants Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Knee Pants Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Knee Pants
Literary usage of Knee pants
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of Social Science by Franklin Benjamin Sanborn, Frederick Stanley Root, American Social Science Association, Isaac Franklin Russell (1892)
"The board of health of any city or town in this State where coats, vests, trousers, knee-pants, overalls, cloaks, shirts, purses, feathers, ..."
2. Journal of Social Science: Containing the Proceedings of the American by American Social Science Association, Franklin Benjamin Sanborn, Frederick Stanley Root (1890)
"The board of health of any city or town in this Sta;e where coats, vests, trousers, knee-pants, overalls, cloaks, shirts, purses, feathers, ..."
3. Industrial Home Work in Massachusetts by Amy Hewes, Women's Educational and Industrial Union (Boston, Mass.). Dept. of Research, Massachusetts Bureau of Statistics (1915)
"In addition, 16 shops engaged in the manufacture of knee-pants, overalls, and other tailored ... No home work on vests, overalls, or knee-pants was found, ..."
4. Special Bulletin by New York (State). Dept. of Labor (1905)
"... determined in favor of the employer. 9. This contract shall take effect immediately and continue in force for a period of one year from date. knee pants ..."
5. The Child Labor Bulletin by National Child Labor Committee (U.S.) (1914)
"He told that widow that he would not trouble with one little boy, but if she would take home the smaller one and put him also into knee pants and then bring ..."