Definition of Labor pool
1. Noun. The source of trained people from which workers can be hired.
Labor Pool Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Labor Pool Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Labor Pool
Literary usage of Labor pool
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Digital Work Force: Building Infotech Skills at the Speed of Innovation by Carol A. Meares (2000)
"Nontraditional Pools of Labor To expand the size of the IT labor pool, there is growing interest in tapping nontradi- tional sources of labor, and training ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Trinidad & Tobago by Kathleen O'Donnell, S Harry Pefkaros (2000)
"labor pool. Despite labor shortages during this period, ... It maintained a non-landholding labor pool dependent on plantation work for income. ..."
3. The City: Urban Communities and Their Problems by Alan S. Berger (1978)
"Because of extensive transportation and communications systems, businesses and industries in metropolitan areas have a large and varied labor pool to draw ..."
4. Opportunity 2000: Creative Affirmative Action Strategies for a Changing (1988)
"methodologically, to employ techniques that have not been used in the past to help bring new workers into the labor pool. • strategically, to plan and take ..."
5. Ready Reserve Force: Ship Readiness Has Improved, But Other Concerns Remain by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"The US commercial ocean-going labor pool, from which crew members are drawn, currently consists of about 21000 mariners competing for about 9300 shipboard ..."
6. The Validity of Testing in Education & Employment by Eileen R. Rudert (1997)
"On the other hand, if professionals and highly skilled workers are removed in determining the available labor pool for unskilled positions, the relevant ..."
7. Waste in Industry by American Engineering Council (1921)
"It was agreed that there should be formed an elastic labor pool, and that the United States Employment Service should organize and direct the activities of ..."