Definition of Land of enchantment
1. Noun. A state in southwestern United States on the Mexican border.
Group relationships: Southwest, Southwestern United States, America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Terms within: Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Albuquerque, Carlsbad, Farmington, Gallup, Las Cruces, Los Alamos, Roswell, Capital Of New Mexico, Santa Fe, Silver City, Taos, Chihuahuan Desert, Brazos, Brazos River, Canadian, Canadian River, Carlsbad Caverns, Cimarron, Cimarron River, Colorado Plateau, Gila, Gila River, Guadalupe Mountains, Llano Estacado, Pecos, Pecos River, Sacramento Mountains, Wheeler Peak
Generic synonyms: American State
Lexicographical Neighbors of Land Of Enchantment
Literary usage of Land of enchantment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Recollections of Tartar Steppes and Their Inhabitants by Lucy Atkinson (1863)
"... Land of Enchantment—Another Thunderstorm—Painful Accident—The Verdigris Lake—Unexpected Conflict—A ..."
2. In Eastern Wonderlands by Charlotte Chaffee Gibson (1906)
"CHAPTER X INDIA, THE land of enchantment r • ^HERE is no country so full of I fascination and interest as India, B the land of enchantment, and we had our ..."
3. In the Golden East: An Illustrated Journey in Eastern Wonderlands ; a by Charlotte Chaffee Gibson (1908)
"... the land of enchantment, and we had our first glimpse of it in Calcutta, which is a strange mixture of the East and the West, for all nationalities are ..."
4. The English Catalogue of Booksby Sampson Low by Sampson Low (1908)
"6d. net May 07 Land of Beautiful Trout, Johnson (Arthur T.) 2S. 6d. net Nov. 07 Land of Enchantment (The). Illus. by Arthur Rackham. ..."